Our new house has a formal dining room. We do not need two dining rooms and truthfully
I am just not that fancy on the inside.
For the first couple of months after we moved in, there was nothing in it. We originally wanted to make it a game room....with a pool, air hockey or Foosball table.
Then we weren't sure.
So, we decided to make it a playroom.
This was the best thing we could have done with it.
Our kids play and play and play and they like having some toys on our lower level.
Right now they play Lego's and Zhu Zhu pets everyday.
They love this room because I don't care if they clean it up
(we straighten in maybe twice a month)
It has a HUGE wall. I am not one to just fill a wall up with random stuff, it has to be meaningful.
In our old house I hung art projects on the back of our front door. I LOVED looking at the treasures my kids bring home. In this house, our door has two (beautiful) windows. I love the light the windows let in. Not a very good place to hang artwork....when we moved in I had them on my refrigerator, but there were just two many and it looked really cluttered.
So, I can up with this idea. To make an art wall in the playroom. I did this several years ago when we were home caretakers ($500 to rent a house-Cheap-helped us save money to buy our first house) and we couldn't put any screws or nails into the wall, only the ones the owners had in already. So, I made dining room cute by wrapping wire around the screws already in there and hung up my kids lovely art.
TO DO:
1. Attach two screws/nails (I eyeballed it, but you could measure to make sure they are even)
2. Wrap wire around one side and then the other (I always do more than I think I will want because you can cut the excess off).
3. Use clothespins to attach art.
TA-DA! The finished product
I LOVE this because it was quick and easy, it takes like two seconds.
I LOVE this because it holds a lot. I have three kids and they have a lot of art.
I LOVE this because it makes Olivia so happy to see her art hung up. She knows that I value it and value the work she puts into it. And because of this, she knows she is awesome....trying to build her self-confidence in every way.
I LOVE this because it is easy to switch the art out, my kids can do it.

0 interesting things to say:
Post a Comment