Monday, March 4, 2013

Looking beautiful

Looking good makes me feel beautiful. I know clothes are just clothes. But still they matter. I have learned the value of great basics in my closet and how to dress fabulously for little.

DO:
Only buy things that you LOVE. You know those clothes that you put on and always work. I always ask myself, do I LOVE this before I buy it. If I am on the fence, I wait. You can always come back to buy something. It takes more time to buy GREAT pieces, but it is totally worth it. 

DO: 
Plan lots of time to shop. I try on everything. Everything. (I never buy anything on line). So many times, the shirt I think I will love-- look awful on me. And the thing I feel so-so about on the hanger, I love when I try it on. Nothing worse than being in a rush.

DO: 
Shop thrift/consignment stores. So much money is spent in fashion --I try to get the best end of it. Quality clothing/accessories/shoes for close to nothing. Again, you have to be patient and try on lots. But I love getting a great fitting skirt for $3 or a designer purse for under $5. It doesn't have to cost a lot to look great. 

DON'T:
Get fixated on a size. I always look in the size above and below my size. I feel best when I am comfortable and my clothes fit. When they aren't too tight or baggy. Plus, I've found that wearing the size that fits best (maybe a size bigger than you are used to) looks best too. 

DO: 
Accessorize--A necklace, scarf or pair of earrings can give your t-shirt and jeans or any outfit a quick lift. This is how your basics stretch so far, by mixing pieces and accessories --you create endless POSSIBILITES! The best part, accessories are cheap! 

DO:
Stay true to yourself! I love bright colors and have finally figured out that although an outfit can look great, if it is a pastel, it just doesn't speak to me. For others, pastels are their thing. So, I only choose things that are bright colors/patterns. I am loving this change. Be true to yourself--Bright all the way 
baby!

DO:
Get dressed everyday. Make yourself beautiful. Even if you have no where to go and will be taking care of babies all day. It makes such a difference. The best thing you can do for others is to take care of yourself! It doesn't matter what you wear, the important thing is that you feel beautiful. 

Now go and shine. 

0 interesting things to say: