Sunday, March 17, 2013

Learning the art of....

I am learning the art of saying no. Of saying no to things that are great but will take away from me being the best Mom I can be. This is a hard lesson for me and I know I miss out on time to build friendships or participate in something that would be enjoyable or fun or enriching. Don't get me wrong, I believe it is of the upmost importance to take care of yourself as a Mother and a Woman. But you have to prioritize what is best for your family. I am finally learning the power of "No" with no guilt--no strings attached.

I am learning the importance of time.  Spending time with the ones I love. Enjoying every single moment. Of not hurrying or rushing (and how much that makes me a better person and Mother). Of less things on my to-do list. Of less in my schedule. Of more relaxing. I am loving it. Less helps me enjoy more. My heart is full of more gratitude, each day is filled with more joy and life is just so much better.

I am discovering myself and staying true to Rachael. It is a great journey. Discqovering and staying true to me.

1 interesting things to say:

molly malibu said...

see, I told you. LOL. It's not always a matter of right and wrong. Sometimes there are real dilemmas and paradox. We do what we can. Reject shame.