Monday, April 30, 2012

Ordinary Days

These ordinary days will make up most of my life.
I know I need to make the most of them!.
It isn't always easy, but I know that taking time to enjoy the small things in life TRULY makes me happy.
Being happy is a choice. Sometimes I do not choose it and instead feel like the circumstances and events around me push me towards the unhappiness. That is not true. We always have a choice.
We can choose to laugh to cry or scream about spilled milk, being late or one of the million things that may not go the way we had hoped or planned.
I love when I can laugh about it.
I am trying to do that more.

"Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunshine."
--Gordon B. Hinckley (pictured below)
I love this man. He was our beloved prophet for many years, I loved his optimism, his constant ability to look up instead of down.
 Here (Below) is Gordon B. Hinckley with his dear wife, Marjorie Pay Hinckley. (she is absolutely one of my hero's) Absolutely. For my bridal shower, I received her book, "Glimpses into the heart and life of Marjorie Pay Hinckley"
 This was such an amazing book. I have read and re-read it. I love her spirit.
Her thoughtfulness. I love her love of being a mother.
I love her love of the gospel. I love how she makes things uncomplicated. She has passed on, but when I think of who I want to be like, I HOPE, one day, to be more like her.
This is the book, I just finished reading.
I have read Stephanie's blog for quite a while and I love it. I love her.
She is so strong. She has so much faith. She is a fighter.
This book was Ah-mazing! I love this book because it teaches me to never give up. I love Stephanie's REAL story of her accident. She didn't always have good days. She went through many AWFUL things. But I guess that is the point, we all have hard things we have to go through, but our Savior is there. He is.
.
.
I love how she described struggling with the changes to her body and appearance.
As a woman, I struggle with LOVING my body all of the time. But I know it is a blessing. I know I can do so many things and I know that it isn't what is on the outside but truly what is on the inside. Stephanie is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met (although I technically haven't met her).
.
.
.
Read it. I know you'll love it. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you will love it.

0 interesting things to say: