Friday, April 13, 2012

Laundry tips

How I have managed to make laundry more enjoyable
(and done!) the best part.
 My kids each have a basket at the bottom of their closet.
One of their jobs each morning is to make sure ALL of their dirty clothes are in the basket
AND
that the basket makes it way into the laundry room.
Easy for them to do, teaches them to keep things clean, to work, and makes laundry so much easier for me.
 Everyday (besides Sunday) I do a batch (or two or three) of colored clothes.
We buy LESS clothes and wash more.
I do whites as needed once or twice a week.
So, I just have to bring the dirty clothes basket from the Master Bedroom,
dump them all in and press start. (which I LIKE!)
.
.
.
As clothes come out of the dryer I put them into the appropriate basket.
When all of the loads are done, I set the baskets in my kids' doorways so they can do them after school.
Usually I don't have to remind them.
They see them in the doorway (and the can't get in their room without moving it or stepping over it)
and usually just do them.
Then all I have to do is Mine and Waylon clothes, towels and dishtowels.
.
.
.
Another reason I LOVE this is my kids can do it ALL on their own.
We have this thing in our house called Wii Currency. They earn 45 minutes of Wii each day by doing their dirty clothes, making their bed and getting ready for the day
 (getting dressed and brushing their teeth)
If they misbehave, they lose their Wii time (in 15 minute increments usually)
They can also EARN Wii time by doing jobs.
They earn 15 minutes for each job.
Besides cleaning the bathroom (because that is hard!), for which they earn 45 minutes.
.
.
.
So, very often, my kids beg me to do the clean clothes and many other chores.
I love it because it helps them LEARN how to work for what you want, that work is not always easy, but it is rewarding. And that work is necessary.
I LOVE making things simple and efficient.
It makes it so much more enjoyable.

0 interesting things to say: