Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Big Birthday

Yes, Isaac and I have the same birthday!! The whole time I was pregnant with him I said ANY DAY but MY Birthday. Then He came and it has been great. I love sharing my birthday with him. Yes, I know I will be eating Spiderman cake on my Birthday for many years! It's okay as long as it is chocolate:)
Silly boys enjoying their cake. Isaac poses this way whenever we take his picture....Waylon and I jokingly call it his gang sign. It just defines him and NEVER changes.

Now you have to understand at the Duncan's -when it is your birthday you get as much cake as you want. It is great! Well, Isaac had eaten two pieces and we cut him off-he was not happy! So, Isaac (with the help of his older siblings telling him all week) decided he wanted to go to chuck e cheese for his birthday and go to the build a bear workshop. So, off to chuck e cheese we went and we had so much fun.


Waylon playing skee ball. Now you have to understand Waylon hearts skee ball......seriously, he loves to play it and win the big jackpot and get a lot of tickets for the kids. Well, he won the jackpot (look below) and was very excited!!!



It turns out that the build a bear workshop closed in the mall (okay, now you can tell how often we go there)....so, we were forced to skip that. So, for my part of the day, I decided I wanted to go out to dinner (anything to get out of cooking!). I decided on Olive Garden. It was so good and the company was great!!





Our self portrait waiting to be seated. Overall, it was a great birthday.
Waylon made me breakfast (french toast-my favorite!) and even did the dishes. So, that was HUGE! If you don't know, Waylon just does not do dishes, he will do many other things around the house, but bottom line, he really really really dislikes the dishes. I guess that just makes it really special when he does (Many, Many, Many times when I was pregnant and when I had surgery).
Although I am still adjusting to being 29 (30 has never looked so close!!!!), it was a great day and I can't believe Isaac is three. Waylon and I were talking about how we would never again have a two year old. Weird!


3 interesting things to say:

molly said...

I am a big fan of your blog and story photos. Your smile is so sweet in the family portrait, Rachael. Now isn't this so much better than scrapbooking. And you can slurp all these posts to blurb.com to print on demand about once a year.

Rachael said...

Thanks Molly! I am glad you like th blog, I am really enjoying it:)

Amos said...

You guys sure do love the chocolate cake! Go Isaac (I would have been upset at having to stop at two pieces, too!)

Happy belated Birthday to you both!