Thursday, October 29, 2009

Joy Boy

That's right, he is our joy boy. I have called him this since he was born! He is always happy and such a joy in our life! He recently had a birthday! Michael is now a cub scout. He LOVES being a cub scout and wants to work on it everyday!
So, us Duncans, we are weird. When it comes to Birthdays we focus on relationships and not presents, so we spend a whole day together and the birthday boy (or girl) gets to choose everything for that day. The kids love making all of the decisions. Waylon and I hope these memories of us together and the relationships we have with eachother will mean more than a new GIJoe!
Michael wanted to go golfing, play tennis, got to Eatza Pizza (like Chuck E Cheese) and swimming. Because of my calling in Young Women and Waylon teaching Yearbook (and it being homecoming the week of Michael's birthday) we spread Michael's festivities over three days!
Oh, I almost forgot! The kids get a bunch of friends over too! I have always limited it to 6, but I let Michael inivite 10 boys (actually 11, one couldn't come) over to play for two hours! I am always so grateful when I have this many boys in my small house that I only do this once a year! (Girls are so much quiter than boys, when Olivia has a lot of friends over they dance, play dress-up and dolls!) By the end, my head hurt and I couldn't think straight! BUT Michael had fun!

Happy Birthday Buddy:)

1 interesting things to say:

Amos said...

Happy Birthday, Michael Jared! You are 100% a 'Joy' to us all!