Friday, January 28, 2011

It's great to be a kid.

Our kids are the best!
The are always saying things that are hilarious.
I mean, stop what you are doing and laugh.
They are just great.
We love them loads.
.
.
The scene: Isaac and I are walking through Fred Meyer to buy a new air filter for our house. Isaac: "Mom you need to stop spending all of our money so we can go to Disneyland. I really want to go. It costs $100 to go and I really want to go." Adorable. Later, as I was telling this story to Waylon. Michael said, laughing, "$100, no it costs way more than that! Like $500!"
Priceless.
.
.
The scene: Family dinner a few nights ago, most of us had finished, I was working on the dishes, Waylon had just sat down at the piano and started playing. Olivia says, "I know what Dad is going to be when he grows up--A piano player." (she was dead serious) Michael, "What, dad is already grown up!"Lots of giggling.
.
.
The scene: We had just returned from pack meeting. Michael had just earned two beads towards his bear rank. You get a bead by doing 6 achievements and there are 12 you have to do in order to get your Bear. Encouraging, I said, "Lets work really hard this month so you can earn another bead before next pack meeting." Michael thinking really hard, looking perplexed and worried a bit. He says, "But, Mom I really wanted to earn my Bear rank before next Pack meeting." Okay then, Done. My encouraging talk wasn't encouraging enough I guess.
.
.
The scene: Isaac and I are waiting for the kids to get out of school. Michael comes out and immediately starts playing with his friends on the playground. Olivia runs up to me and is very excited. We hug. I ask her how her day was--She says, "I ran 3 laps for Junior Joggers. I was really fast. I am very stretched and I got taller." All with an enormous grin on her face. Adorable.
.
.
These are the moments that life is all about! Happy Friday:)

0 interesting things to say: