"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates
in a shiny sports car,
wearing beautifully, tailored clothes,
my hair expertly coiffed,
and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in station wagon that has
mud on the wheels
from taking the kids to scout camp.
I want there to be a smudge of
peaunt butter on my shirt
from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors kids.
I want there to be a little dirt under
my fingernails from helping
to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with
children's sticky kisses on my cheeks
and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived!"
--Marjorie Pay Hinckley
She is one of two women (the other being my Mother)
that I look up to admire and aspire to me more like!!

0 interesting things to say:
Post a Comment